There is a common theme that develops within a company…
When you first began, you chose accounting software like QuickBooks, Simply Accounting/Sage50, Accpac and others and were happy with it.
- It served your needs for years and as your business grew, your accountant kept everything organized and giving you all the necessary reports.
- Then you added on other software like a CRM, or D2D (door to door), or inventory management, or service management, or Tool Crib, or a CNC machine on and on and on.
- Sure enough, your growth resulted in you starting to see some issues.
Interesting , then what do I do now?
- There are many things internally you can fix, but what you need is a software to manage those fixes and help you move to the next level.
- However, you don’t know what that is or who to call.
- Intuitively, or in conversation with others, an ERP system appears to be the right next step.
- But how do you look for the right ERP, or even learn about what it can do for me?
Got it. What do I look for in an ERP vendor?
The best way I can answer that is ask customers what were they looking for when they chose us. We asked them “What were the reasons you chose us?” They are:
- FocusERP understood our industry and how ERP could be effective in helping us.
- Software fit was nice, but they were able to customize to our specific needs
- We wanted Boutique Support in both software enhancements and IT support and received it.
- Their desire to achieve a business case to offset the cost of an ERP
It doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive.
- They often say its a long process to choose an ERP software, but it doesn’t really need to be.
- Times have changed since then and it can be a surprisingly efficient process
- Besides, busy companies just don’t have the time, and a solid ERP company will recognize that.